Information You Give Us
Information collected from you will vary, depending on how you use the Site and what information you may choose to provide to us (whether through e-mail, online applications, online service requests or otherwise). It is possible to browse most sections of the Site without submitting any personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) means individually identifiable information about you that we, or third-party service providers with whom we have contracted, collect online, including but not limited to, your full name, a user name and password, e-mail address, phone number, drivers license, information about your prior rental activities, physical address, or, for certain products or services, your social security number, or financial information. If you choose to take advantage of some of our products and/or services, or to access certain of our tools or Site functionality, you may be asked to provide Personal Information. You can choose not to provide us with Personal Information, but then you may not be able to fully take advantage of certain features of our Site and we may not be able to provide you with certain requested information, products and/or services. Please note that we contract with third party service providers to provide services to us which are used on the Site, including, without limitation, our online rental application service.
Automatic Collection of Information
Like many web sites on the Internet, we may automatically track certain information about you as you visit and use our Site to help us to better understand how the Site is used and how we can enhance your overall experience on the Site. This information may include your computer’s Internet Protocol address, the URLs and Site pages you have visited, the number of times you visit each Site page, what downloads and/or search queries you have made, how long you spent on particular sections of the Site and on the Site generally, and your browser type. This automatically gathered data includes information provided through the use of “cookies” (which is described in more detail below).
Information from Cookies
Cookies are small files that we may send to and store on your computer so that we can recognize it as a unique machine the next time you visit the Site. You are always free to decline any cookies we use if your browser permits. Some of our advertisers and third-party service providers may also utilize their own cookies.
Information Sharing Disclosure
The use of your information depends on the context in which it is collected. Therefore, please pay special attention to the categories below that relate to the features of the Site that you wish to utilize.
We may share the Personal Information we collect from you only with your consent or under the following circumstances:
- User-Requested Services and Information. Certain products or services on our Site may seek Personal Information from you, which may be used in the following ways:
- For products and services provided by the Site, the information you submit is used by us to provide the information, product or service you’ve requested. We may also share this information with others, but only to the extent necessary to fulfill your request or to facilitate your use of their services. In addition, we may use any registration information that you submit.
- User-Initiated Communication. From time to time, portions of the Site may enable you to send e-mails to us, and to complete and send online applications. All such e-mails/postings and communications become our property. Whenever you choose to initiate these kinds of communication with us, or anyone else, you may be contacted in return. Also, remember that communications to us are open to the public, and therefore, your communications can be seen by anyone and are not protected by us or any other entity, unless we choose to maintain such communications as confidential material. Please use your own discretion when deciding what to communicate. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to edit or delete inappropriate communications. This reservation of rights shall not under any circumstances obligate us to conduct such edits or deletions, nor shall it cause us to be liable for any such edits or deletions.
- Referrals. If you participate in any referral service we may offer we may use the information you submit to determine which of our marketing partners and service professionals may be able to serve your needs. We may then forward your information, which may include Personal Information, contained on our sign-up form to certain third-parties, who may then contact you.
Protection of rights
We continue to develop our business and in doing so might choose to buy or sell other businesses or assets. Personal Information is generally one of the transferred assets acquired or transferred in such transactions and such transfers will likely occur in the event we sell all or part of our business, including an individual property.
The Personal Information you provide when you become a registered user, you complete an online application, you utilize our Site for customer service aspects or when you generally use the Site, is used primarily to help us enhance your online experience, increase the convenience of accessing new tools, products and services, and, if applicable, provide the products and/or services you request. Your e-mail address serves as a unique identifier in our record system, and together with your password is designed to prevent unauthorized access to any information you choose to store on the Site. The data you give us about your personal preferences and demographics may be used to help us offer content, advertisements, products, and services that we believe will be of interest to you. In addition, we may share this information, in aggregate form, with our current and potential advertisers so that they can present advertisements more effectively.
- Unless you specify that you’d prefer not to hear from us, we may use the e-mail address you provide at the time of registration or application or as set forth in your lease file to contact you for promotional or other purposes. You may have these communications terminated at any time by opting out through your member profile on the applicable Site, or by clicking on any “unsubscribe” link contained in a promotional e-mail.
- We may provide you with information to keep you abreast of the services on the Site or third-party products and services. Information such as your personal financial information will not be shared with third parties except to complete a transaction or as provided in the paragraphs above. To the extent such information is necessary to offer such services it will be posted on the Site.
Automatically Gathered Information
Our Site is a general audience web site. If you are under the age of 18 you should not register, apply for an apartment online or provide information on our Site. We do not collect Personal Information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 18.
Changes in Your Information
To edit or delete the personal information you submitted on the site, please email us.